Indie Artist Application is Now Open.
The Big Ticket Festival Indie Showcase is designed to provide indie and emerging artists an opportunity to appear and perform at the festival. Bands participating in the showcase will each be provided a 35-minute performance slot.
Big Ticket Festival believes that an important role of our event is to encourage and support emerging artists. The main goal of the showcase is to give indie artists the opportunity to perform at Northern Michigan’s largest Christian Festival, along side of more established Christian artists. We hope to encourage new artists and help them continue to build their brand and fan base by providing a professional platform to share their music with our diverse festival crowd.
Indie Artist Competition Guidelines 2016
- A press kit or EPK must be submitted by the deadline of April 1st.
- Press kits should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Big Ticket Festival, 829 West Main St, Ste G, Gaylord, MI 49735
- A maximum of sixteen(16) bands will be selected for spots of 8 per day.
- Selected artists will listed on our Big Ticket Artist page with a dedicated link to your information.
- Artists will pay $200 registration fee upon arrival at the Indie Stage which includes:
- 1 thirty-five minute performance slot including sound check
- 1 day festival pass for EACH band member
- 1 food voucher per band member
- A merchandise table for your day of performance in the Indie Building and 100% of merchandise sold.
- As a additional option, we offer premium merchandise tables in the Main Merchandise Tent. For $100, you can secure one 8 foot table in the main tent. This is in addition to the registration fee. Please indicate on your application if you would like this premium table.
- 1 Indie area parking pass for your day of performance only
- If accepted as a participant in the Indie Showcase, you will receive a code that your fans can be use to purchase tickets. You will receive a 10% commission on all tickets purchased using your code.
- Performance times will be from 10am to 6pm
- Bands should be on site AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR to assigned performance slot
- Bands will load-in to specified staging areas. (up to 3 bands staged at any given time)
- Volunteers will assist moving equipment ON & OFF stage UNLESS band declines.
- Each band will get 35 min. slot WHICH INCLUDES a 15 min set-up/sound check and a 20 min performance time.
- Bands MUST work within their ALLOTTED time slot. Judges will be notified if band goes over. We will have a time-keeper with signs showing remaining minutes of play time.
- PLEASE: No in-ears. These require special monitor mixes and equipment.
- Dedicated bass rig supplied (bands will not bring bass rig. Only bass guitar)
- Dedicated drum kit supplied: can change out cymbals, snare and pedals ONLY
- Bands will supply sound man with plot of all needs: vocal mics, amp mics, db’s etc
- Judges will grade on various aspects of each bands performance. Bands will be judged on their musicality, crowd interaction/performance, and content/message.
- “Popular vote” will be through audience ballot. Popular vote will be added to judges scores.
- There will be a winner chosen each day, from our daily winners, 1 of these will be chosen as overall winner.
- These Winners will be offered paid spots on appropriate stages in 2015
2016 BTF Indie Showcase Application
* One overall winner will be selected to represent The Big Ticket Festival in the Christian Festival Association National Talent Search. This talent search will take place in September, with the winner gaining paid spots at all participating festivals the following summer.